Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday: Menu for the Week, July 16

Monday is the day I write out my menu for the week, so here it is!
I often simplify or rearrange things in the actual cooking, as events come up, but this gives me a plan for my shopping list and prep-aheads.
For breakfast and lunch, I am listing my own ideas here, though I swap and change these freely. (I am not listing my family's breakfasts and lunches.)
For dinner, I try to make a basic meal the whole family can eat, with variations.
I add the higher-carb, higher-calorie menu items for my non-dieting family in [square brackets].
I intend to post and link some recipes and a shopping list later in the week.

Monday
B: Chocolate Protein Shake
L: Strawberry Protein Shake
D: Texas Two-Step Chicken, Spring Mix Salad, [Rice, Corn]

Tuesday
B: Cappuccino Protein Shake
L: Ham and Green Chili EggBeater Muffins
D: Baked Tilapia, Slaw, Roasted Asparagus, [Seasoned Potato Wedges]

Wednesday
B: Chocolate Peanut Caramel Protein Shake
L: Instone Banana Cream Protein Pudding
D: Spicy Pork Stir-Fry, Cauli-Rice,[Rice, Melon]

Thursday
B: Fuzzy Navel Protein Shake
L: Ham and Green Chili EggBeater Muffins
D: Italian Wedding Soup, [Italian Rolls]

Friday
B: Mochaccino Protein Shake
L: Italian Wedding Soup
D: Chicken Piccata, Caesar Salad, [Angel-Hair Pasta, Rolls]

Saturday
B: Cherry-Vanilla Protein Shake
L: Ham and Green Chili EggBeater Muffins
D: Faux Fish Tacos with Pico de Gallo, Mock Margaritas, [Tortilla Chips]

Sunday
B: Pina Colada Protein Shake
L: Italian Beef [Sandwiches], Tomato-Basil Salad, [Garlic-Rosemary Potato Wedges]
D: Frappuccino

Drinks: Water, Coffee, Iced tea/Sugar-free Lemonade, Green tea, Peach tea
Snacks and Desserts: Sugar-free gelatin, Sugar-free slushies/snowcones/popsicles

No comments: